Former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwezili was manhandled by security operatives attached to the Presidential Villa on Tuesday.
Ezekwezili was on a lone protest to the presidential villa to protest against President Muhammadu Buhari lackadaisical attitude towards carnage happening across the country.
The protest kick off at the Federal Secretariat before it was disrupted by Security Operatives at the villa.
She was manhandled by the Security Operatives trying to collect her placard.
The ex-minister put up a resistance, forcing the plain cloth operatives to shove her.
Journalists covering the protest were not spared as their phones and cameras were seized.
Earlier, Ezekwesili told reporters that the “lukewarm attitude” of President Muhammadu Buhari to the carnage in some parts of the country influenced her action.
She accused the president of “watching with consternation, the criminal massacre of Nigerians especially in the first half of this year without any evidence of fierce sense of urgency on the part of his government to end the abnormality”.
Among the demands she highlighted in her message to the president were:
- An end to the endless killings by herdsmen going on in the country.
- Reveal the identity of the perpetrators of these wanton killings in Benue, Taraba, Kaduna, Zamfara, Plateau, Nasarawa and Kogi states etc.
- Give justice for the victims of violent killings across the country and secure the living in all part of the country.
- End the ineffectiveness of the security establishment.
- End your loyalty to the Service Chiefs
- Stop the blame game and confusing statement on the killings of the citizens.
It will be recalled that over 80 persons were killed in plateau state few days ago with property worth millions of naira were destroyed by suspected herdsmen.
President Muhammadu Buhari has promised to bring those perpetrators and their sponsors to book.
Inspector General of Police also deployed Special teams to the state.